I was nominated for Liebster Award by the super sweet Yazzi from The Pretty Pomegranate! Make sure you check out her blog – she has great beauty tips and reviews!
I’ve never done one of these before, so I’m just going to follow her format. I’ll list 11 interest facts about myself (if I can think of that many!) and then answer the same questions Yazzi did.
1. I’m a broadcast captioner, which means I do the closed captions on live television. I hear everything at the same time as the viewer watching – there’s no time delay. It’s a difficult job, but I love it! My job is literally the most interesting thing about, so it’s all downhill from here, folks.
2. I have a dog named Trixie that I adopted from the Humane Society five years ago. She is the best, cutest, sweetest, most perfect dog ever. Yes, I’m one of those obsessive dog parents!
3. I’m weirdly obsessed with Dr. Sandra Lee aka Dr. Pimple Popper. If you don’t know who that is, you can check out her Instagram or find her on YouTube! *disclaimer* if you don’t like watching someone pop pimples, don’t check it out!
4. I went to London and Paris for the first time in March, and I can’t to go back! It was the best trip!
5. I’m really good at picking things up with my toes. Like really good.
6. I love Star Trek and Star Wars. You can blame my dad for that!
7. I’m very crafty and love to make things. I have a list of DIY projects to do when I have time!
8. I love to read. I have so many books they won’t fit on my bookshelves!
9. I love otters. I would like to have one as a pet. They are just SO cute!
11. I love Disney World! I think it’s magical, and I wish I was there right now!
1. If you could wake up tomorrow with the education, skills, and certifications necessary to perform any job, what would you choose for your new career and why?
I think I would love to be a personal stylist or interior decorator. I love fashion and design, and I think I would love to do it for a career.
2. What is your favorite thing to blog about and why?
Fashion! Obviously 😉 I love putting outfits together, shopping, and finding new ways to wear the things I have in my closet! I love being able to dress well, even on a budget!
3. What do you do to recharge and get back into the blogging frame of mind? Every once in awhile I may not feel like posting or I’m just really busy. If that happens, I just give myself a day or two, then hop back on the blogging wagon. I also try to plan my outfits out in advance which is a big help.
4. What is one thing in your life that you’ve gotten to experience that you wish everyone else could experience as well? Wow. This is a really tough question. I’m 27 years old, and I really can’t think of something that major that’s happened to me. I recently went on my first (of many hopefully) international trips, and it was a wonderful experience. I hope that everyone gets a chance to travels sn experience other people and cultures!
5. Who is inspiring you at the moment and why? I know this will sound like such a basic answer, but I can’t get enough of Taylor Swift. I love her style and the way she treats her fan. She’s also extremely passionate about what she does, which inspires me. Plus, I just feel like I could hang out with her and be bffs. And her songs are catchy.
6. What is the best meal you’ve ever eaten? Probably the croque madame and crepes in Paris! I think just being there made the food taste even better.
7. Describe your perfect day.
I feel like my perfect day is something I wouldn’t be able to describe until it happens, if that makes sense?
8. What is one modern convenience that you could really not live without? Air conditioning. Sweet baby Jesus. One mild day without a/c and I’m a sweaty, oily, whiny mess. <<< I think I’m gonna have to go with Yazzi’s answer on this one! I can’t handle a life with no AC!
9. What is one thing that people would be surprised to learn about you? I’m terrified of the dentist. I’ve had recurring dreams about my teeth falling out or rotting for as long as I can remember. At the same time, I am terrified of getting a cavity (I’ve never had one). It’s a bit of a catch 22!
10. If a movie were made about your life, who would be best cast to play you? Amy Poehler. Mainly because I love her and she’s adorable a hilarious!
11. Who should read your blog and why? Every person in the entire universe. My goal with this blog is world domination, so yeah. Also people high up on the fashion chain that will give me free products to feature on my blog.
So that’s it about me! I had to think really hard to come up with 11 (somewhat interesting) facts about myself. I need to get out more…
I nominate Val at That First Hello (if you do these things) because she’s so sweet and I love her blog! Check her out!
xo Anna Gray